Sunday, July 20, 2008

Can You Catch a Fly with a Pair of Chopsticks?

Filipino children are generally fascinated by chopsticks. When I was young, I used banana-Q sticks as chopsticks to eat ramen and canton. 15 years had passed and I lived in a country where chopsticks are used in picking up foods...
There is a Chinese saying that if you can catch a fly using a chopstick, you could do anything. And I cannot pick even a chunk of radish using those two metal rodlets. T__T So I browsed the net on how to properly hold a pair of chopsticks when I stumbled upon PuNiaoPuNiao blog. She is Chinese, obviously, and her blogs are about things Chinese and Japanese. I think her blog is also a money-making one. Though there never really is a reference on using chopsticks properly, I think this site was helpful to practice some Hanja characters I know. The layout of this site is quite good, not cluttered, simple—just like the Chinese. I also adore the banner message:
Chopsticks: A delicate hand and a patient mind will ultimately nourish your soul.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Er, Elliot13, I'm a she, not a he...